Have you ever, or would you ever be a surrogate mother?

And would your SO be privy to the idea?
My SO is NOT and it's a pretty emphatic NO. But Im wondering why. Does he not want to share? What do you think the pscyhology behind that is? Because my last said no to..that was 6 years ago..

Would you ever donate your eggs? I would not.

lullaby572

Asked by lullaby572 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• No, and no. It would be risky enough for me to have a 3rd child, let alone put my health at risk for someone else to have a baby.

I would donate my eggs if I met the qualifications.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I don't think I could be a surrogate. I wouldn't be able to let go. I would donate my eggs.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I have never been a surrgate but yes I've considered carrying my best friends baby for her bc of her medical issues she will not be able to carry a healthy baby and will likely miscarry again. I would only do this for her bc I no how she is and we understand each other completely. I would never donate my eggs I couldn't do it. If I ever do this for my friend it will be her egg and her husbands sperm I'm just loaning her baby my uturse :) as for my so I don't think he would care
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I haven't and won't. I could, and thought about it at one time, but can't be pregnant again because of my heart. I wouldn't donate eggs either.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:11 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I would be a surrogate for one of my Sisters but that's it. My DH would probably have a issue with it. As far as donating eggs, it is not a simple task at all. Besides the oral drugs you have to take, it incurs 100's of injections by various size needles & daily visits to a Dr. for blood work. You also have to go under anesthesia to have the eggs removed as well. The process & drugs can take a toll on your body immensely. I speak from experience. There is no way I would do that just for money.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Surrogacy, no. I'm not going through another pregnancy. I would be willing to donate eggs to a good friend or close family member.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• No way. I had enough trouble getting my two here plus miscarried twice as well.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 2:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I don't think I could be a surrogate or donate my eggs. I was so attached to my pregnancies and my babies from the minute I found out about them. I just cannot see any way that I would be able to carry a baby, knowing that I would have to give it up to someone else at birth. As far as the eggs, pretty much the same reason there: knowing that some child that was biologically mine was out there, I just don't think I could handle it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• If I was asked by my own child I would have considered it but I'm past that point now....
    hau_siyoka

Answer by hau_siyoka at 2:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Nope. My pregnancies and labors were rough. Only thing to get me through was knowing I got the baby at the end of it. Can't imagine doing it and having to give the baby up. Also no way to giving my eggs. I dont like the idea MY babies are out there in the world without me. If I had easier pregnancies I'd do surrogacy for my sister or close cousins. But it'd have to be their eggs and sperm.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 3:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2013