Wow. Did your kid(s) ever get like this with (what I am assuming to be) Separation Anxiety?

My big girl turned 1 year old today and for the past 2-3 months she has been screaming when I leave the room, even if she can see where I am. Lately she even wants to be held to sleep and will often wake up after I lay her down. I swear she cries and hangs on my leg ALL day. I took her on a 20 minute walk one evening and she cried over half the way because she wanted to be held.

Dr. says she has a summer time virus and I know she is teething but I can't even use the bathroom without her crying at the baby gate or taking her in with me. This 25 pound plumpkin is killing my shoulder and neck. Her Dad & brother can only entertain her briefly.

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 2:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Isn't it unbelievable how different each child from the same Mom is? I was amazed by that. My Son is/was very clingy. He always wanted me to be with him at all times. But when he eventually became aware of what was around him at about 2 1/2, he found more interests by himself. Although when we were just at home, he even wanted me to watch TV with him. he was afraid of some cartoons & loved them but wouldn't watch them without me. He is 6 now & can be clingy now at times too.
    My Daughter just turned 2 & was independent from day one. She wanted to hold her own bottle, takes off her own clothes, insisted on eating herself. She tells me what she wants & when she wants it! LOL! She also plays well by herself too. My Son still wants me to play with his toys with him! When she is sick, you would never know unless I see a runny nose or she feels warm to the touch. My Son's world falls apart unless he is feeling 100%! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Shoot, my daughter's still like that a lot, and she's five.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2013