Here I go again...

Weight loss.. Need to make it happen!! Each time I've lost weight in the past I got pregnant shortly after haha but baby is 6 months old and I still look borderline prego!!

Time to cut out the junk, eat healthier and exercise. Weight loss for the long run. I am 5'3 , 24 y/o, & weigh 149 (might as well round up to 150). The only time I've weighed this much was when pregnant! I'm 10 pounds away from being what I was each time I delivered. So it's time. Giving myself 6 months to lose 30. 5 lbs a month.

Sounds do-able no? Today I did a mile run. Lifted weights for 10 minutes. Did 10 push ups. 20 sit ups and 30 squats. So much less then I used to do. My tummy is probably the most out of shape. Literally no muscle there.

Anyone else trying to lose weight? Any one who already lost? Any methods I should stick to? Maybe a workout schedule?

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 2:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm trying to lose weight, but I have a lot more to lose than you do. I am eating whole grains, more veggies, less fat, lean protein. I exercise for an hour 6 days a week. I have been doing this for 3 months and have lost 15 lbs.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• honey, I am in the same boat, I've only had one kid, I have been trying for over 4 years to get the body that I want. due to circumstances, stress and surgery it's delayed the end result. What I realize that it's taking longer to get the body that I want then it took to get the body I can't stand. I've really seen improvements in the last year though. Don't give up, workout best you can and don't cut out every food that's good you will just get discouraged, life is short enjoy it but also make good choices. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I've lost thirty pounds, I've got twenty more to go. For me, it's been about portion control, staying away from junk food as much as possible, and mild to moderate exercise. I would suggest two things for you. First, don't exercise more than you think you'll be able to keep up after the newness of the idea wears off. If you push yourself too hard, you'll give up and backslide. Take it a little at a time. And secondly, know your tummy will never be like it was before because it's been all stretched out with a baby inside. So along with diet, exercise, and will power, there must come an acceptance of your own body, in whatever shape t turns out to be in. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I'm 5ft 3in and found my ideal weight to be something like 143-151. I guess we all carry our weight different though. I was smokin' at 150 pounds. I'm currently at 170. My daughter is 1 yr old and I've lost 40lbs. I still feel fat honestly. I'm a size 12 so I'm looking to get into a 9 by losing another 20. Just do strength training with your cardio, eat low calories more often than 3 times during the day and you should be good to go!
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 2:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Wow ladies that's awesome weight loss! I'm small framed and looked my best at 120 but I can be happy with 125-130. I just figure if I set my goal for 120 which is my dream weight I will have some wiggle room for weight fluctuation. Need to really take the time and eat small low cal meals through the day
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Thanks ladies!! That's truly a lot of weight loss you guys have lost wether it came bak or not. You never really stop and realize how difficult it is to burn calories and how easy it is to just swallow them all down lol. I for sure will never have the body I once had as my new mommy body had plenty of stretch marks on my tummy, hips, upper thighs ad my boobs have gone waay south lol but I am okay with that. But they uncomfortable feeling in my own clothes, having to layer my tank tops in order to hide the muffin top better, and avoiding bathing suits like its the plague I can do without. Lol

So far I've lost five pounds but I know that's a result of the healthier diet. I still eat thing I enjoy I just watch my portion sizes and stay within my suggested calorie intake. And no more soda and fast food!! I'm sure the weight loss is going to slow down and get harder to take off but it's a good start.
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I hope you ladies reach your goals (& stay there!) :)
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I am 5 4 and 115 lbs and don't necessarily need to lose lbs but I do need to tone the fat I have down. I would look amazing at 110... I think I will set a goal! Thanks! I will do 5 lbs for two months though. One month isn't long for skinnies like us to drop 5 whole lbs.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2013