Is it normal to feel very sharp pain at 31 weeks?

This morning i woke up because i felt very sharp pain right under my belly, it would start going away and come back stronger for like 3 minutes. Then a little while ago it happened again. does anyone know if this is normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like the normal aches and pains of being pregnant... or gas....it could be gas.

"I am not a doctor. All information I present is for educational purposes only and should not be subsituted for the advise of a qualified health care provider. "
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I'd go in to get it looked at. I started contracting at 30 wks and later I got the horrible sharp pains. They repeatedly looked at my scar tissue thinking it was from my previous c-section and said it was from the contractions but my scar tissue always looked ok.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 2:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Do you know if your baby is head down yet? I got sharp pains like that somewhere around thirty weeks or so, and it was because my baby finally turned on her own from lying sideways across my abdomen to the head down position in which most babies are born.

That being said, sharp pain is always worth checking out with your doctor, just in case.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I'd be asking my OB about it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2013