After having my membranes stripped at 39 weeks + 2 days on Tuesday it is now Thursday and my stomach has been tight non-stop..does this mean labor is soon? And has this happened to anybody else?

By tight non-stop I mean my stomach got tight after the stripping of my membranes and never untightened and is still tight just like when I get Braxton Hicks contractions, but contractions come and go, but leave my stomach still tight..something to worry about?? Baby is moving normally btw, no bleeding except for the known spotting after getting your membranes stripped. I am a first time mommy and very curious.

kmr992

Asked by kmr992 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Labor is soon but mostly because your over 39 weeks. Co reactions are normal. And cramping after an exam is to be expected. Try to walk and keep them from stopping.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 3:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Could be soon, or could be several more days. I had my membranes stripped on a Monday morning, only because the doctor I was going to at the time did it after I explicitly told her not to, and I didn't give birth till the next Saturday night. Good luck for a safe delivery and a healthy baby.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Irritated the uterus when stripping the membranes. Labor may or may not be coming soon. I'd put a call in to the OB office. You might get the call center first, but they should have your doctor call you back.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• It sounds to me like you are dehydrated. That can cause muscle cramps anywhere. Drink a ton of water. You also might want to try sex to relax.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 4:45 AM on Jul. 26, 2013