Mayb I overreacted but

Ok so i am in school to be a cosomtolgiest...I have about 400 hours out of 1500 that my state requires. well I'm testing out ( which means I'm about to start working in real people) but I have two more test to do.so until I'm done ill be helping out seniors with their clients. Well I got paired with this girl who didn't have a client til noon so we go to the back to the break room and this girl goes " ding ding Lydia your not the winner today" talking about how she got picked to have an assistant for the day! Ok rude!! Then when an instructor tell her to let me help her apply 2 colors to a clients hair she gets pissed!! I ignore her and help apply the first color! Then I go to get another brush to help apply the 2 nd color she goes " umm actually i don't think ill need help with this"! I broke down and actually cried bc my feelings were really hurt!! I wasn't doing anything wrong I applied color for other seniors and did just fine. I mean way to crush someone's confidence. Like I said I may have overreacted but damn! What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• There are many people you will work with throughout your life who won't like you, or who won't want to train you. It's not worth getting upset over. Especially if you're going into a field where you need to talk to strangers all the time.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I can understand that your feelings got hurt but you need to prepare yourself for the real world. Soon you will be dealing with the public who are paying you for a service. You will be dealing with many horrible people. You need to toughen up & be able to take criticism or else you will end up crying your eyes out every day. There will be more people who are rude to you than nice. This will grow easier with experience so prepare for the worst & hope for the best. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• When you're closer to your 1500 hours you will not even give that sort of thing a second thought. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and realize that many people make themselves feel good by making others feel bad. If you did well with the other seniors, why would you let this snippy one get to you? :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Pregnant? PMS?
    Crying because someone doesn't need/ want help isn't over reacting a little it's really extreme?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• If she didn't want to teach me or let me b her assistant then all she had to do was say that! Her actions spoke louder then her words if it were the client who said that she didn't want me to help ok that is fine I'm ok with that too!! But I don't expect it from classmates!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Pregnant and or pms are both posiblities hopefully just a bad case of pms!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I think you overreacted and acted like a child. She was being underconfident as well. If you want to work with people you better get a tougher shell.

I would have told her that I was assigned to her to do the coloring and if she did not want a student working with her she should have objected to the instructor.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• meh- get a good night's sleep and let it go
    we all have our off days. just be aware of it and her
    dont want to get a reputation as "difficult"
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I would have been like...okay and then asked an instructor if there is someone else you can help.

*I went to cosmetology school too ;) (though it was YEARS ago)
    can you practice something on your mannequin - or study?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• They didn't want me to I had my work book caught up and all that good stuff they wanted me with a senior bein their assiant.. Nothing on the side.. I deff could use a good nights sleep .. Difficult meh not really usually I'm really laid back and this wouldn't have bothered me idk what was up today...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2013