My Granddaughter is visiting with me from California and I believe she is constipated from her complaints what can I give her?

She has stated her stomach aches and she doesn't feel good . She also feels warm with fever.

msyvonne654

Asked by msyvonne654 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Health

• Call her Mother & ask what she wants you to do.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• With the fever, I'd suspect a stomach virus. If it is, you may not have to worry about constipation in the near future.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• First, how old is she? Try something natural like prune juice.

Answer by louise2 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• You don't say how old she is, but regardless, call her mother.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Don't count out homesick.. I did this when I was younger and away from home. Vague complaints my tummy hurt and didn't feel well.. I agree, call her mother
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• She may just be "bellyaching". Maybe a phone call to mom will help. Are you trying a lot of things that are out of her comfort zone?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Hopefully you have the child's medical information and insurance card, if there is one, so you can take her to the doctor if you need to.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Thank You Cafe Moms I took your advise and called her Mom her Mom told me what to do and It did work. My Granddaughter is 8 yrs old
    I did find out she had not had a Bowel movement since she has been visiting with me and did not know how to tell me, She did have a fever do this cause and I had her bathe in warm water with Green Alcohol to reduce her fever which brought her temperature down, and her Mom told me what to get for her to release her from being constipated and it worked. Thanks everyone for your advise Moms know best.
    My Granddaughter is feeling so much better now and she is back to normal playing. As a Grandmother, I felt I lost my Mother skills. Thanks Again!!!
    msyvonne654

Comment by msyvonne654 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2013