How to make my hair big?

so ive been volunteered to be a mad scientist for my parents church VBS and i figured id make my hair look kinda crazy. its about chin length and fine and thin. i want to make it BIG. how do i do that? what products can do that without making it crunchy?

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 3:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• roll it, hairspray it within an inch of it's life and then tease it
    just like back in the 80's
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• TEASE, and hair spray.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Anything volumeizing will help! Also you can do what's called teasing your hair. All you do is take a comb and take a small section of your hair an back comb it. Also google can help.
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Before spraying, hold your head upside down and put the spray near the roots of the hair...spray near scalp. Then wait a few seconds for it to dry. Getting the hair near the scalp to stand up is the key!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 3:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Put the palm of your hand against it and rub in a circle. Move your hand to a different spot and repeat. A little hairspray near the roots helps with this—you don't need to apply it to the ends. The downside of palming your hair is that the comb-out later requires a lot of conditioner and patience. You might prefer to find a halloween store that's open already and look for a mad scientist wig.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Oh, I got so excited when I read this question! I thought 80's hair was coming back! Oh well, Mine was so big that I used to get it caught in the car door! LOL! Anyway, just flip your head over & spray with hair spray. Don't stand up until it dries. Then more spray! I don't think there is a way to make big hair without making it "crunchy"! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• back comb- spray a little and back comb some more!
    * tease it a LOT

also-remember that when you are done, to comb it out before you wash it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Tease it and Hairspray, it's prob going to need to be crunchy. And I think that a little crunch will look good for the mad scientist look
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• watch youtube tutorials on how to tease- thats how i learned to cut and layer my own hair. im all about the visual learning! lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Tease it and get some aqua net.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2013