Don't know where to put this?? But... When I had my son almost three months ago, I almost bleed to death anyways my point is..

When I do choose to get pregnant again, (september hopefully) so do I stick with the same doctor (which I REALLY don't like) or should I just get a new one and clue them in? ( during delievery my doctor asked while I was profussly bleeding "have y0u had high blood pressure during your whole pregnancy?" I was like your my doctor shouldn't you know!"

No rude comments....

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• did we have the same doctor?!?!?!?!? i went through almost the exact same thing!! my prick of a doctor kicked all of my family out of my room while i was bleeding INCLUDING MY HUSBAND!! after 10 minutes DH was allowed back in, he asked my doctor if i was going to be ok, and the doc decided to say "I hope so" WTF is that?!?! anywya, sorry im ranting!! i have decided to go with a new doctor and clue them in. there is no way in hell i will put up with that again
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• get a new one
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I would say even though you dont like the doctor I wouldnt switch IF he knows about the problems with the first pregnancy....but it sounds like he doesnt so I would switch
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Switch. Any doctor could be clued in to the problem, but yours wasn't and even if he is now he kind of lost his chance. You might want to look in to getting a high risk OB with your situation too.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 3:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You should always have a doctor that you like and trust. There is absolutely NOT reason to stay with your current one just because you are with him now. You have the right to take your medical records with you to a new doctor. Ask your friends who they've used and who they like. You might want to consider going to a practice that has midwives. They will spend more time with you during your visits and get to know you better.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i'd totally get a new doc.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Get a new doctor. I had some similar things happen with my first birth and switched to a different one. When the new Dr. got my chart he said "oh, I see you had pre-eclampsia with your first one". that was the first I had heard of it. Even though the nurses were freaking out about how swollen I was, how much fluid I was retaining "Worst case we have seen in years" My Dr. never said or did anything. He just kept telling me I was gaining too much weight. Needless to say, I was SOOO happy with the new Dr and glad I switched!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• id get a new doctor too, the docs in guam did almost the same to me and my daughter and i ended up with an emergency section on my 2nd so that wouldn't happen again!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 3:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• yes i would definatly get a new doctor. for me moving in the middle of my pregnacy b/c my husband joined the army. i tried to go on-post and the doctors there were wack so i paid a co-pay to go to anouther one i felt comfortable with. my point is if you do not feel comfortable with them and think they wont/dont do a good enouph job just switch. the last thing you need while pregnant is to have no communication with your dr's
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• DID YOU HAVE PLACENTA PREVIA?? WELL I WOULD DEFINETLY GO WITH ANOTHER DOCTOR. A DOCTOR YOU CAN TRUST TO TAKE CARE OF YOU AND YOUR BABY! ONE YOUR COMFORTABLE WITH AND ONCE WHO REALLY CARES. YOU CAN TELL WHO IS OUT THERE JUST FOR A PAYCHECK AND ONES WHO REALLY CARE ABOUT THEIR PATIENTS! GOOD LUCK HUN!
    SweetMama823

Answer by SweetMama823 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2009