What u do when Mum isn't for the move?

I have lived in Michigan my whole life and have an upcoming move in my future to Tx. to improve the life of myself and children, well my mother is totally disaproving and convinced this choice was influenced by my fiance and she has u under her thumb (blah, blah, blah) what do I do in this matter to resolve leaving under bad terms??

B.Conley75

Asked by B.Conley75 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Relationships

• You thank her for her input and ask her to support you in your choice or drop it.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I'm assuming you're a grown up. You state your case as respectfully as possible, reassure where necessary and then do what is best for your family. You can't own her feelings about the situation, although you can acknowledge them
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I'm guessing you're an adult... Mom doesn't have a say in it anymore. If you're doing what's best for you and your family, then be at peace with that, and move. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• She can't stop you. No matter how much she doesn't like it. Tell her it will be a good reason for her to take a trip out of state.
    See something different.

Answer by louise2 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• are you in a same sex relationship?
    why wold you move to texas- you guys wont be protected
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I would assume you are an adult and you tell her that as much as you love her and respect her, you feel you have to do what you think is best.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• You can always say that you understand why your mom wouldn't like the fact that you are moving, since she won't see you or her grandchildren as much, but you need to do what's best for your family. Once you've done that, then refuse to keep talking about the subject. The decision has been made, and she can't argue it with you if you don't engage her in any discussion. If she starts, just cut it off by saying, "Mom, I've heard what you had to say about this move, but it's not up for debate." Keep saying the same thing, like a broken record, till she gets the hint and lays off.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Thank her for her input, but it doesn't change anything. It's going to happen and the sooner she comes to terms with that, the better it will be. She's going to miss you. Can't blame a girl for trying.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Personally I would not move with any guy. Unless I could support myself and the kids alone, with out him. Or I was married to him.

Answer by louise2 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Where do YOU want to live?

That's what you need to tell everyone.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2013