Should I go back to school and if so then for what?

I'm a massage therapist. we're really slow in the summer and even with my two jobs I'm still not making the bills. I'm getting tired of always struggling. I've thought about going back to school. I'd like to become an x-ray technician but finding it hard to find the right school. The other issue I have is I'm a single mom and have my son most of the time. I got my online bookkeeping certification but couldn't use it because everyone wants at least 2 years of experience. So I've been looking toward the online schools but also wanted something that will have an internship or externship so I can be placed with a company instead of trying to find a job on my own. Is there anyone that's doing anything out there that falls in any of these categories? Is there something that can be done at home for extra cash? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Money & Work

• PTor OT.... pays well and the setting possibilities are numerous. Ties in well with massage therapy!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I am about to start going back to school. I needed to be able to work during the day and do classes at my own pace at night. I ultimately decided that Western Governors University is the best fit for me. It is a not for profit online school. I will be going for my B.S. in Biological Science with 5-12 teacher certification. They are other programs as well. During my last two terms, I will do a short internship (60 hours) and then my student teaching internship. I would look into WGU to see if there is anything that they offer that interests you. If not, then continue to search other schools but I would stay away from "For Profit Schools", especially those that are only Nationally Accredited and not regionally accredited as well.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• You couldn't pay me to go bak to school. I've done it twice and not ended up working in either field I studied for. So that part I don't know. But I do make a bit of extra spending cash by taking online surveys. PM me if you'd like some links to legitimate survey sites, or go to bigspot.com and search. Never pay to join a survey site.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:18 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Please message me....I CAN HELP!!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 27, 2013