Have you ever had this happen? (dental question) adult content

so ive been having tooth troubles for a while now. i still haven't been able to get my two wisdom teeth on the left side of my face out yet. ive had every problem from insurance to dentist to oral surgeon etc etc etc. luckily they don't hurt.. KNOCK ON WOOD.

anyway, the top one is half rotted out. most of the tooth has broken off and left a gaping hole. for a while, THAT was painful as the nerve was exposed. however i think the nerve is dead now.

but about a week ago, with my tongue i could feel this flap there where the hole used to be. (TMI) i can move it out of the way with my tongue and feel a gritty hard surface that has filled the hole, and when i close my mouth the flap covers the hole again. the flap feels like the rest of my gums, hard but fleshy, and it wasn't there before... it's like it grew.

i dont know if this is good or bad. good i assume because its like my mouth healed itself, but bad because probably more work for the oral surgeon right?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Health

• Get it pulled. Some dentists will charge $60 to pull it, versus $600 for a crown.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• i had my wisdom teeth out and it happened with all 4
    its like a scab and then the skin grows back
    after you get your teeth done any dentist will be able to look at that and immediately know your molars are missing
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• It sounds like good news to me. It happened to my sis once and she went back for check up and got it filled in. All was good after that.
    Sugarbear811

Answer by Sugarbear811 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I have the same thing. Not sure what to tell you because I too have had problems with dental insurance and deductibles, etc. 

Anonymous

• I had a tooth extracted last winter, and it grew over the same way. It's all healed now, with just a little hollow where the tooth was, but not a deep hole. It should be fine.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2013