I am a single mother getting ready to have my second child. She is due anyday now. I am out of work until healed and honestly need money now. I have really bad credit and have bills to pay this month.

I will loose my home and vehicle. Plus my oldest needs school supplies and clothes.

Sugarbear811

Asked by Sugarbear811 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in General Parenting

• Have you asked family to help? Social services? Where is the father of your child?

If you're going to lose your home and vehicle you're at least two months behind. You need to get busy tomorrow finding resources in your area that can help
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• from what device are you using internet from right now?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Look for things you can pawn. Call your local social services office to get financial help. If you can't afford food then check your area for food banks and pantries. And yes, where is the father of your children and is he contributing to their care?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Call the United Way (211), local churches, and Jobs & Family Services. They all have resources available for women in your position. Have you talked to your creditors & alerted them to your situation? They may be willing to work with you. Does your children's father pay child support? What about family & friends? Do you have anything you can sell? There are options out there. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Food is not a problem. I am a CNA no behind payments. Just money to get through this month. While I am out of work. Foodstamps cover the food. Tight whad Landlord. Always gives me problems when he knows I cant help it. And Im usin my laptop. Just a stressful time at the moment.
    Sugarbear811

Comment by Sugarbear811 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• The landlord needs to be paid though. I do understand how stressful it is but your rent has to come before anything else.

Talk to social services and see if you can get emergency funding for at least part of the rent
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• And again, where is the father of your children?
    Mrs_Prissy

• I didn't think about asking the church that is a great idea thanks :)
    Sugarbear811

Comment by Sugarbear811 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• He is in a rehab right now. He is trying to get his life together.
    Sugarbear811

Comment by Sugarbear811 (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Call 211. It is a hotline for social services. They can help you get into a shelter.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2013