Whose in the wrong here?

My dh asked me when was a certain bill due I wrote it on the calendar on the 24th just to buy sometime just in case we were to pass the due date... Would you believe he got upset with me bc I should have given him the exact day due when it was due like on the 27th. I said like on the day you have to go and actually make a payment and if you wait till the 28th your late he's like yes...I don't get it. Here I am trying to pay early and he wants to be on that due date.

Whose in the wrong here...ugh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Money & Work

• Personal preference really. No one is particularly 'wrong' here as long as it is not late.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:46 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I don't think it's anything to get upset about, it's all about communication. If you repeat back what he says when he says it and make sure you know exactly what he means (a favor on both parts) then misunderstandings and frustrations like that can be avoided. Nobody's wrong, nobody's right.
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 12:47 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• He asked you a specific question and you assumed he couldn't handle the correct answer. I'd have been aggravated with that too.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Agreed with Crafty. You aren't his mother.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I'm afraid you are. He wanted the actual due date, and if it was a matter of figuring out timing, you gave him incorrect info. In our house, the difference between the 24th and the 28th is a big one, because the 25th is payday. So I plot our spending very precisely around those paydays.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• If he asks you for the date the bill is due, that is the information he should be able to expect to receive.

There is nothing in your line of thinking all by itself. When you couple it with the fact that asked for specific infor and you gave him incorrect info. That would make you in the wrong.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:09 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Maybe next time, say, "The bill is due on the 28th, but I'd like to try to get it paid by the 25th so there's no chance of us being late."
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Who's.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:21 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Is there some reason he couldn't get up off his butt and go look himself? You are both wrong. Okay so you wrote it on the calendar as a reminder to yourself, nothing wrong with that. He wanted to know the date exact date. So you looked at the calendar rather than at the bill (mistake) and then he threw a fit like a little child rather than communicate with you. And then you ran to the internet for back up rather than continue to talk to your husband like an adult.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 4:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• You should always or try to pay bills a week early. It still takes big companies a week to clear thing usually. Tell him if he pays the day it is due, it probably will be late.

Answer by louise2 at 7:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2013