OMG Im freaking here what can you ladies tell me?

I am dating 40 yr. old guy I am 50 we have been dating 3 yrs. about month ago he gets a text from an old flame saying that he has a son age 3 and he's the daddy, This boy must have been conceived before we hooked up. I don't know what I am feeling right now we are living our lives thought we'd get married did I mention the mother is 25 :/ I don't know where this will go.:

Thx :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• Has a DNA test been done to establish paternity?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Wait. So he was 47 years old when he got a 22 year old pregnant?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• He needs to get a paternity test. She may just be looking for money.

Establish paternity first. Then decide what you want to do. No freaking out till paternity is established.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:03 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Well the first thing would to have a paternity test done.
    The second is to talk over your feelings. He has to be shaken by this news also.
    He wasn't with her when he was with you and that is a key point. He did not even suspect that he was going to be a father, so you can't hold that against him either It is really hard sometimes not to hold people responsible for information they didn't even have. The best of us come to the realization that he is surprised too. Then you can begin to think of how you will go from here.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• If he is the father, then he can either pay support and go on with his life as he planned, with or without visitation or custody or whatever, or he can go back to the mother if she wants him and he wants her. Get the test done, but don't ssume that your life together is over because it doesn't have to be.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Just because he has a child doesnt mean your relationship is over...or is this a deal breaker because you think he was hiding something all this time? Or did he have just as little of an idea as you?
    Support him..you have invested so much time with this man..and if you love him, love his son as well.
    Shocking I know but life has its way of throwing things at us doesnt it.
    My man has two kids, it is quite the relationship
    GL
    lullaby572

Answer by lullaby572 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• ^^ I disagree. If he is the father, that is going to change your whole relationship. Personally, I'd get the hell out before it gets to deep.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:22 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• He gets a text? Seriously who texts information like that? And why does she still have his number 3 years later??
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:27 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• So, what is he going to do? Your situation is still very open so I won't bother suggesting anything until you tell us what his thoughts and plans are in this matter.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:40 AM on Jul. 26, 2013