16 month old fell and hit the back of head on elliptical

My 16 month son fell and hit the back of his head on the round foot of the elliptical. He cried for about a min or so and had a little round bump. After a couple of mins he was back to running around. He even had a snack. My concern is I just went and checked on him and the bump has gotten larger. It has been about 3 1/2 hrs since his fall. He's sleeping, so as I softly felt it he moved around to prevent me from touching it. I check his pupils after the fall. And they were normal. Should I wake him and take him to er for evaulation? Or is it normal to have some additional swelling later on. Feeling awful!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Health

• Since the bump is on the outside and he was acting normal afterward and his eyes were dilating normally I would just watch him and maybe check on him every so often. How long ago did he hit his head? (How long from hitting his head until he went to sleep)
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Call his pedi in the morning. You said he was acting normal pretty quick after... his pupils were equal in size right (google PERLA)? If yes and from what you said he's probably fine. ALWAYS double check with the doc if you are in doubt... for this you can just call... you don't always have to rush in unless he is altered in some way.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:14 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• It was almost 2 hrs after hitting his head he went to sleep. It's been about four hrs since he bumped his head.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• If he is acting normal and his pupils are normal he is probably fine.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:44 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• How is he now,some time later? I hope all is well. Kids are going to fall and bump themselves, butit sounds like you watched for the right things. Hang in there, Mom.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• He is doing fine. Normal behaviors and habits. I think its hard not to freak out a little when they are so small. Thank you all for the advise, really helped to ease my mind!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2013