Its seems like NOBODY....

Cooks health home cooked meals anymore? I think we should go back to how it was "in the old days" lol. I think people should take meds as often as they do, fast food should no longer be an option, and video game should also go. I think society as a whole is way too lazy. I wish people would spend time with their kids outside or playing rather than on video games, and we should make home cooked meals. In general I think society needs to become family oriented again...
Does anyone else agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes
    Anonymous

• We cook healthy and rarely eat out....but thats just because thats how I was raised. And for the record I agree completely
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• once the last pope (RIP) said: modern feminism killed the traditional family
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I cook our meals all the time....we treat ourselves maybe once a week or every other week to a meal out (or delivered). But everything else, I cook. I think it's important for our kids to have home cooked and healthy meals. I hate it when you see or hear parents letting their kids sit in front of the tv or computer all day or playing video games to no avail.

My oldest JUST started playing a video game and it's only the Fisher Price SmartCycle, with learning games. Does that count?!?! LOL But yes, for the most part, I agree with ya,
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 3:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I never eat fast food. Every night i cook healthy meals that come fresh from the market. Unless we're eating left overs. Ok, Ok, I'm a sucker for Thai food. We'll order it about every other week.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i agree but I think you can have a nice family meal when eating out. I don't think people should eat out every night or anything...but when you are together, it's still family time. That being said, I think it is very hard to eat healthy while eating out. When I cook, I know what goes in my food.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes, yes, yes.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• We do not eat fast food in our house, maybe once a month and then we still have veggies to go with it. I follow the food pyramid with my meals and make sure we all have a well-balanced meal all the time. When we eat out, we are careful about what choices we made and with a toddler, we only eat out once every couple months. My toddler doesn't watch television. When he is older and enjoys it, we will still limit it.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I like living in 2009 - video games and all.

Society is what you make it.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I cook home-cooked meals ALL the time, but screw giving up video games. That's my "ME" time.
    Anonymous