What would you say or do if your husband bought you an expensive watch but it didn't fit....

Your style? It's a beautiful watch. I'm tall, 5'8 and have a curvy frame. The watch just doesn't fit me well. It's very tiny and looks silly on my wrist. Do I grin and wear it? Or tell him the truth and exchange it for something that fits my size? I don't want to upset him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• You honey I LOVE it. But you need to get a biger size band.

Answer by louise2 at 7:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• You can't get a bigger band. You have to change get A different watch. It's a Rolex. They won't do that. ;(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:44 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I would tell him, because it would be a real shame if it sat in a box, or if every time you wore it you felt bad about how it looked out of proportion on your wrist.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:16 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I would wear it. It's a watch. You aren't likely to be wearing something that expensive on a daily basis anyway, so it's not going to hurt your image to wear it once in a while. I would not risk hurting my husband's feelings over a watch, no matter how much it cost; and I would wear it proudly.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Well, SO bought me a ring and earring set once. Love the ring the earrings were gawd awful ugly
    like something a little old lady would wear.
    i just told him
    we exchanged the earrings and i picked out an opal necklace which i've worn pretty much everyday since

it kind of hurt his feelings and the stubborn mule hasnt bought me jewelry since because he doesnt know my style?
    but explained it to his sister and mom- so now they buy me stuff (absolutely perfect for me) stuff :/

i should maybe keep my opinion on this topic to myself, lol
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:55 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Tell him it's beautiful but you would prefer a larger band/face. Be honest and it sounds like you have a great hubby. because it would be a shame to have a Rolex and never wear it. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I think you should be happy you got a rolex, and it might not look as weird as you think, can you post a picture of it on your wrist?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I would wear it proudly. It's obviously something he thought was nice and would look great on you.

Answer by missanc at 10:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I would tell my husband. He might be disappointed (I might be, too, in a parallel situation) but I know he'd be glad for the communication, and to know that I got what I really wanted/liked. I'd feel that way (ultimately), too, if the situation were reversed.

It is not that honest disclosures don't ever hurt or disappoint, but that they ultimately do bring you closer together and they ultimately are healthiest because you are relating to something real, not an illusion or image, to spare the partner's "feelings" or to protect someone's "ego." The end result always is more positive & healthy.

I'd "err" on that side in any area of life with my partner.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I have a Rolex & I love it. BTW, if it is too tight then you CAN add links. You could exchange it for a Mans Rolex I guess.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2013