AnyOne good with Excel 2010!? #confused

I have a job im supposed to start and the lady told me they do a lot of billing throw excel but im not that good at excel. Im trying to brush up on it on Google. Its just confusing I get the adding the cells and alapbitize them things like that but what is VLOOKUP lol im so lost any tip ideas anything I would appreciate!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Technology

• Vlookup is the best formula ever!

Say you have a short list of clients in A and a set of columns D-H, where D is the full list of clients, E is their phone number, F is their address, etc. And lets say you want to look up the phone number for those clients in column A.

vlookup (field you want to look up, the columns of data that hold the value you're looking for, which column you want, FALSE) <- the False means you want and exact match to the client name.

So starting with the first client
    A2 - field you want to look up
    D:H - the columns of data that hold the value you're looking for
    2 - which column you want (D=1,E=2,F=3...)

So the formula is: vlookup(A2,D:H,2,False)

If you get a #n/a result, that means there was no match.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:03 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• You might want to see if you can take a seminar at your local Vocational school for adults. That's what I did to brush up on Excel 2010. Still have more to learn but at least it got me over the hump.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Here is a few quick guides, just copy paste

http://customguide.com/wp-content/themes/customguide/pdf/qr/excel-quick-reference-2010.pdf

http://www.library.pima.gov/pdf/excel2010quickguide.pdf

by2013

Answer by by2013 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I am taking that summer course right now and I would highly recommend taking a class from a local community college. If you are unable to do that, purchase or rent the book Microsoft Excel 2010 Complete and work on ALL of the assignments and examples.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2013