Better World Books IT Tech Income?

My fiancee has an interview on Monday for Better World Books and I was just wondering if any of you work(ed) for or had spouses who might know how much Better World typically pays their IT Techs?

We are worried that they might ask him what kind of a salary he wants and he will short-change himself. He just got out of the military where he was making $45k a year after taxes so I know they won't pay *that* well but neither of us know where to start.

Thank you, ladies! <3

OmbreGracieuse

Asked by OmbreGracieuse at 9:37 AM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Money & Work

• I did a Google search and got an average salary of $30K
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:42 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Salary.com estimates $36K. But they tend to overestimate. Tell your husband NOT to name a number! He who names the first number loses in the negotiation. Tell him he expects they will pay a fair salary and benefits package, and that he cannot compare civilian salaries to what he got in the military.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• By the way, the salary.com estimate is for a level I PC tech in your city.

My husband's in IT, with more than 2 decades experience, in the Los Angeles area. Typical salary level for him is $50-$70K.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:09 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• They offered him $18.50 an hour which comes out to not quite $38,500 a year as well as full benefits (vision, dental, health, life, 401, ect). Thanks, mamas! :)
    OmbreGracieuse

Comment by OmbreGracieuse (original poster) at 7:57 AM on Aug. 2, 2013