So called "perfect" husbands adult content

My husband is many years older than me and prior military. I guess thinks he is perfect. We have been married for 15 years. He never fails to point out when I do something wrong, even if it just isn't the same way as he does it, it's still wrong. It is getting old, well not old that ship has sailed a long time ago. I am fed up with it. I have tried talking to him about it, but that got us nowhere. BTW, this also happens with our kids. Any suggestions on what we can do ladies. Thanks in advance...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• Do the same to him. I know sounds immature but whatever
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Sorry, didn't mean to click the "adult content"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• COUNSELING. Require it of him. Tell him if he's so certain e is perfect and you are not, the counselor will agree with him. If he thinks the counselor will not agree with him, then he must not be so damned perfect.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:19 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• That's not going to happen. I have been going to counseling for some time now to try and help our marriage. He refused to go, because there is nothing wrong with him of course. It can only help so much though when it's just me going to counseling. (sigh)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• How do you normally react to his criticism? If you are always reacting, start ignoring him. Or come up with something you can keep repeating, like keep your opinions to yourself. Say it over and over so he knows he can't get a rise out of you.

Other than that, I also suggest counselling if you want to save your marriage.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I tell him there are more than just one way to do things. he acts all obnoxious and it normally ends up in a fight. It's really getting old.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• when you tell him how his criticism makes you feel what does he say?
    when you point out that he is correcting you for doing something the same way he does it, what does he say?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• He sounds very similar to my ex. He is 13 year older than me, but wasn't prior military just very controlling and emotionally abusive. I stopped doing for him. He told me I did laundry wrong, I stopped doing his laundry. He told me I ironed his shirts wrong, I stopped ironing his clothes. He told me I cooked something he didn't like, I stopped cooking for him. We were married for 12 years so this was after several years of me trying harder to do everything right and finally realizing I wasn't going to be able to do it.
    He refused counseling as well until I ended up cheating on him (I had told him beforehand that I was going to do it, he laughed at me, so I went and did it - NOT the right course of action, I know). At that point I think he was pretty sure the counselor would jump on me so he agreed. The counselor recommended I leave him, and after months of planning that's what I ended up doing.

Answer by missanc at 10:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• He told me I was just acting like a child and couldn't handle criticism.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Life is just too short to live it this way.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2013