Has your child ever hit you?

Has your child ever hit you? If so, what do you do about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, about a year ago. I walked away stunned (she slapped my cheek soundly) and I told her father when he came home. He was livid! She has never, ever tried it again.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• She was 16 last year - I should let you know her age.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No! If that were to ever happen they will regret it.
    Anonymous

• Hell no
    They already know not play with me like that
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 3:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My 10-year old hit me in the grocery store last week. I made her wash the car.
    Anonymous

• Not me but my 15 year old hit his father just a few weeks ago..he got all his privileges taken away until he could show and prove to us his behavior had changed. No drivers ed, no cell phone things like that. He also had to do more chores around the house and was not allowed to go anywhere but school and church.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 4:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes my three year old has hit me a few times. I have tired time out and taking toys away but she is not getting it. IDK what else to do.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You made her wash the car? Wth? IF my kid ever THOUGHT about hitting me it would never cross their mind again. This is what happens when you let your kids walk all over you from the start. That won't be happening.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No, but my three year old slapped my husband's mother. I was on the phone with my FIL and I told him to spank her.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 4:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• no way, my kids know better, they are 3 and 7
    However when my daughter was 3 we were in my car, a co-worker was in the back seat with her and kept getting real close to DD and my daughter told her NO 3 times...then slapped the crap out of her because she wouldnt back up...knocked her glasses off and everything! LOL
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2009