how can i get diapers though medicaid

Becky J.

Asked by Becky J. at 1:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Contact your case worker. My oldest has special needs and gets non income based medicaid due to his disability. When he was younger and still in diapers medicaid provided them for us, but I'm not sure if the rules are different for income based medicaid or not.

Answer by missanc at 1:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Becky,
    I am glad you asked this question.
    Give me your case number and I will verify your eligibility.
    I will then have the products shipped straight to your home.

Did contacting your case worker and asking them NEVER cross your mind?
    Or is there more to this question?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Sorry - I just checked and it looks like medicaid only provides diapers if the child is over 3 (due to his disability my son didn't train until he was 6). Good luck. You can try 211 to see if there is anywhere in your area you can get diapers.

Answer by missanc at 2:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Everybody just wants everything for free, don't they?
    Did you bother think of how much things cost before you decided to have unprotected sex?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• now PartyGalAnne not everyone has unprotected sex. Sometimes..... shhhhh It breaks, the boyfriend must have put a pin hole in it, it was previously used, or the biggie they're a troll......

baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• heres a thought
    PAY for them just like everyone else
    answersjunkie

Answer by answersjunkie at 2:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• ???!!! can't afford diaper???!!! Why did you get pregnant.? I couldn't afford it either. So I potty trained early. Didn't wait tell they where 3 or 4 to train.

Answer by louise2 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• you can't.

you can see if you qualify for cash assistance though, and if you do, use that money to buy diapers.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I believe it's only for special needs children 3 and older. If you're on cash assistance, you can use that to purchase diapers. This may sound odd but I have seen people on ebay selling boxes of diapers they no longer need. You may also want to look into cloth diapers which may cost you some money at first but will save you in the long run- they can also be purchased for cheap on ebay.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Oh, and everyone making smart ass comments makes me SICK. You don't know this person's situation, so just shut the hell up if you have no REAL advice for her.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2013