Kids vs. Husband round 2?!?!?!?! lol Just meant to be taken lightly, please no bashing!

I was wondering if the women who claim to put their husbands first are christians?
Does putting your kids or husband first mean that you are completely neglecting the other? IMO it dosen't. I mean to put my husband first and my kids are in no way neglected. When my kids are grown and have left home to start the next phase of their lives shall I be left alone or with the man that I've grown a strong relationship with over the years?
Keep in mind that people are welcome to share their opinions and don't bash other's because they don't share yours.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm Buddhist. My husband comes first for my attention, because he is a great man and takes care of our family. The children are second, mostly because their conversation is about what I should buy them or if the booger in their nose is large. Now if we were poor, and lost our home and food, of course the children would get anything and everything we could give them. We'd make that decision together. We'd even teach the kids how to use a spit so they could roast our dead emaciated bodies over it for a nice meal after we died of starvation. i don't see what being a "Christian" has to do with family welfare? We Buddhists love our families, even if they are impermanent (Buddhist joke.)
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I always tend to put the kids first them my husband then me. Not sure how right that is but I see your point.
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 3:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I am one of those crazy women who puts God first, Hubby second and then my children. And it is completely because of my thoughts on the Bible's teaching and because I am a Christian. People think that when you say hubby first that you would some how pick him over your children or that you would let your children do without for the sake of your hubby..that's just crazy thinking...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Im a christian and put God first then my kids. I was a single mom awhile so I know damn well I can live or without my husband. My husband knew this coming into the marriage, that nothing and no one would come before my kids. Theyve been with me through thick and thin and its my job to insure they are loved, brought up correctly and turn into productive well adjusted adults. My husband is already well adjusted and an adult and he loves me and respects the fact the kids come first. He tells everyone that my world is centered around my kids, and it is. It doesnt take from me loving him, its just a different priority. He always says the kids are little a little while, then we have the rest of our lives together.

Answer by gemgem at 3:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Kids should always come first.... they depend on you 100%, where as the husband should be able to take care of his own.... those children came from your body and you raise them.....

how can someone push their child down the line for a man who may or may not be there in 10 years.... THESE ARE YOUR CHILDREN PEOPLE!! i'd love to see you tell them you placed your husband before them....

Never will i do such a thing.... #1 Son, #2 Husband, #3 Family, #4 Me
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• putting ur husband before your kids does mean you pick him over them.... your saying he comes before them......
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• how so? The picking him over them? Can you please explain or give me an example?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think the question is silly.

I answered in the other thread and want a "redo".

I come first - am I doing my best? Am I behaving the way I should? Am I being a good parent/spouse?

My husband and children are mish-moshed together - on any given day, one may get more than the other but all in all my DH and I are a team with a long term game plan of raising the children to be successful and on their own.

And my relationship with my Savior is the one thing I don't have to worry about. That is just a pleasure.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Hold on ladies, let me get my popcorn. I need to be ready for the drama this time.....LOL.
    Anonymous

• Ahh it's a respect thing. I wouldn't dare tell someone their priorities are wrong. They are theirs and I very much appreciate and respect that. What is for me might not be for you and so forth.

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009