Breathing problems

I know that during pregnancy you have trouble breathing. But this is ridiculous.. it lasts hrs. Its worse when I finish eating and its not like I overeat. I sit up straight. I change positions. I take deep breaths but nothing works. I don't know what to do?? I have an appt later but its not with the midwife so I don't know if this lady will be able to help.. she just has me fill out a paper of what I ate the day before and gives me info like preterm labor, classes, etc. I am 32 weeks 1 day.

aztecqueen22

Asked by aztecqueen22 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Could be a lot of things including your heart. I would recommend seeing a real licensed OBGYN ASAP.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• The baby takes up more and more room and that means the other organs, including the lungs have less room. That is why you have difficulty breathing, especially if your child is growing a little faster than normal. The baby shifting will cause pressure in different areas, including the lungs.
    It does not sound to me like anything unusual is going on.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:49 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• You may need to see a doctor, if you are having trouble catching your breath as Paulie said call a doctor, and do it now, this could be a sign of preclampsia as well.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I don't know, I'm not a doctor. But any time I have trouble breathing, you can bet I'll be calling one. Lungs are nothing to be mesed with, better safe than sorry. I'm asthmatic, and I always say, if your eyes get tired, you close them and rest them. If your legs get tired, you sit down and put your feet up. But it's a pretty scary thing when your lungs get tired. It's not like you can give them the day off.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2013