Daddy to the Rescue_or Adventures in Weaning

Going on a week now.
Having to tell baby, "No, mommy milk at night. Bottle milk during the day".
But
Dad cannot stand to hear the incessant crying and begging for mommy milk.
He swoops in, takes the baby, tells us there must be something wrong with us because we:

1. Won't give him what he wants
2. Don't know what he wants
3. Are just letting him cry

blah, blah, blah

Fortunately, the kids have a sense of humor. They just kind of roll their eyes while asking under their breath, "Mom, how many kids have you weaned"?

Today I responded with, "Get mommy a beer, it's going to be a long one".

So- if you did parent led weaning help me out a bit and please remind me, this too shall pass.

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 3:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I bottle fed but when the babies would scream incessantly for any reason my DH would suddenly remember he forgot to fix "that" thing outside then needed to go to the store for "that" part! LOL! GL Momma :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• On this sight(cafemom). Most moms will tell you. Let the baby/toddler self ween.

Answer by louise2 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I didn't go through any weaning troubles because my daughter quit the breast on her own at ten months, but like everything else in parenting, this too shall pass. You'll be sending that boy off to school soon enough and wondering where the time went. Hang in there, Mama.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• HA!
    It wouldn't be so bad if he bailed.
    We have just started tuning it out. Someone is in the room with baby, so we know he's safe- just damn frustrated.

I could try asking to go work on the car but I would have to break something first :/
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• You'll be sending that boy off to school soon enough
    NO!
    Not soon enough. Because I'll 48 by the time the little bugger even gets to think about school, LOL!
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2013