At home businesses.

I've done quite a bit.. and currently doing one. But, I have an HONEST QUESTION-i don't know much about it but.. I need your opinion on this "background story".

I've known this guy for a while, him an dI have talked for about 4 years now. It wasn't until recently that I started talking with him because I CONTACTED HIM..!! Well, he's been giving me advice on getting current business and how to grow it, how to net work it and so on. Well, we've talked on the phone, we've gone through steps and it's going quite swimmingly.. Never once have we talked about what he does, it's never been mentioned yadda yadda.

This guy makes a lot of money. We've talked about how much he makes and my potential with what I DO.. he makes almost 80,000 a MONTH.. crazy, I know.. wth, but he doesn't only do one thing..

Okay, so let me see if I can ask this last part without making you think i'm going to message you or whatever...

IF you were in my shoes.. do you think you would try it? It's 40 bucks first month and then 20 after that I think it said.. -one of the cheaper things I have seen. The "product" is sensible and would be usable..

I'm really beat up about this because I KNOW he can do it, I KNOW he could train me to do it.. but, what it is isn't a passion of mine and If I were to do it, I would need to not tell my husband until I a decent amount.. say 1,000 in one month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Money & Work

• Set up an eBay business. It's easy, legit and quick money.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Hon, it anyone found a REAL way to make $80,000 a month, don't ya think we'd all be doing it??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I'm wary of most home businesses like that, but I'm more concerned about the last part. Why could you not tell your husband till you were making a certain amount of money?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• If you have to hide it from your husband and you have to spend money to do it, I would run for the hills.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:43 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• 80,000 a month? Yeah, not buying it. Sounds to me like he's scamming you. I wouldn't go for it at all.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Well, the 80,000 isn't just from one thing, and by no means would I be looking to make that much, I have no idea what i'd do with it! Not telling my husband because it's "only" 40 bucks and I could make that back with 1 person.. and if I paid for that person I would make it back for the both of us.. I don't know, I need the advice because of that feeling when nothing is going your way and then you had hope and that isn't what you expected either.. So, it's more of a desperation attempt to get something.. I've done the Mary Kay and the SMC and the avon, i've done the real estate and the pre paid legal.. about the only thing out of that that I did like was Mary Kay (M-avi ;).. ) but, I could never make a go of it.. even if it was 200 bucks a month it would be something..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• I would not be interested in it. But I do think you should discuss this with your husband.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Just tell us what he's selling, and then we can form an opinion of the product, look at the company structure, etc.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Paying up front with nothing to show for it is a problem, I buy a real product and if some one ask for one I try and get one for them. I'm a reseller and have all the business documents to do so. What does he have?
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• haha network marketing skills lol. I don't know, like I said, we don't talk about it much because he hasn't tried to recruit me! As far as the product is concerned it's basically molded around your vehicle. but it offers a certain amount for bail bonds, injuries, repair and things like that.. it also tacks on medical vision and dental coverage (for the max. cost of course 40 bucks first month) covering 50%.. I asked around, apparently that can be used on top of your current insurance..?? I found the last bit attractive, one sign up gets you $80.00 and beyond that I don't know much.. I don't want to look into it and get my hopes up, but I do to learn more.. make sense? THAT'S WHY I'M HERE :D
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2013