What happens if you forget to get a child from the bus stop?

my friend is watching her sises 3 kids plus her own 2 and she fell asleep and FORGOT to pick up the 5 yr old from the bus stop.. the school wont tell her anything and in my city busses WILL NOT drop off a child with out some1 to pick them up.. her mom is at work and cant be reached.. anyone know what will happen?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I used to be in college with one of my kids was that age and missed the bus once because my professor kept us long. The school knew I was a college student though and they drove him back to the school then called me. By then I was already at the school so embarressed but they knew it was not my fault. They said under my circumstances nothing would have been done bc they knew I was running late but under normal ones they contact the emergency contact person and if no one is answering they call CPS and call it abandonment.

Answer by gemgem at 3:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Im not POSITIVE...but I think they call either the cops or CPS. Im not 100% so I would call the school and find out or GO TO THE MOM
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I agree with above. She needs to get a hold of the mother NOW.
    Anonymous

• they finish there run and go back to she school shit happens i really dont think they will call the cops in less it happens a few times but if your not a emergency contact for the child they wont tell you
    kris10npj

Answer by kris10npj at 4:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My mom does daycare. through the county something they had set up was that she was emergancy childcare for a situation like that.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Here where I am, the kid is returned to the school and CPS is called.
    Anonymous

• Child protective services. Also I have heard that they willalso do that in the event you are continuously late on picking your child up from school.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2009