How come my baby sleeping pattern are backwards from most babies?

When my baby girl was born all the way to 4 1/2 months she slept all night without waking up. The hours were 9:30pm till 9:00am. Now she is almost 7months, goes to sleep at 9:30pm and up 4 times a night at up at 7 for the rest of day. With a 2 hr nap

Lolo2013

Asked by Lolo2013 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• why is that backwards?
    my son slept through the night starting at about 3 weeks old- he did it the whole time hubby was gone for bootcamp (then he fell in a hole and screwd up his knee- so he got out) The day hubby got home, BAM -started waking up at night!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• That doesn't seem like a lot of sleep, but they usually sleep when they need it. Being up several times a night might be indicative of her approaching a growth spurt and needing the extra calories.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• It really varies from baby to baby. Mine wante to be up all night and sleeping the day away, and it took a lot of keeping her awake all daybefore she got switched around.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• A baby's sleeping patterns can vary just the same as yours does.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Maybe stop naps so she's really tired?
    Babies wake when they're hungry, wet, or have some other need. Is she going to bed with a full belly?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Her nap is normally from 11-1 an we play all day and she gets full right b4 she goes to sleep. I was just curious if anyone had ideas of getting her back in schedule. Every time she wakes up she screams like she is in pain and she never cries during the day. Not even if she is hungry or needs to b changed. She has kidney problems so idk if she wakes up in pain that much or if its dreams or what?
    Lolo2013

Comment by Lolo2013 (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• Her schedule sounds quite normal to me. Talk to your doc about the screams becaus eyes, it might be pain. Or night terrors.

She sounds right on schedule so I wouldn't worry about that.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• She's probably teething. Try giving her teething drops or tablets and see if it helps.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:56 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• She is teething.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• She has had two teeth since 5 months and he wasn't fussy at all with them. I've tried teething tablets and Tylenol. Her dr say its her kidneys but not doin anything about it.
    Lolo2013

Comment by Lolo2013 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2013