Hepl colic baby

What kind of medicine do you give to a colic baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• gripe water...its not medicine but is works better and has now weird ingredients
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• where can you find is there diffrent types??
    Anonymous

• their is name brand and generic lol. I think safeway carries it and GNC. I will google it and let you know
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• http://www.colicease.com/
    I didnt look to see the cost but I am still looking at walmart ect.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• the cheapest I have found is at iherb.com and it is about 7 dollars for 4 oz. And you really only need anout half a bottle a day
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• how do you give it to them and how much??
    Anonymous

• in a bottle, my aunt gave 6 oz a day and that worked well for her...all three of her kids cried NON stop til she started the gripe water
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Gripe Water is amazing stuff. Find something with Oil of Fennel in it and Sodium Bicarbonate. (There are a lot of types out there that have a bunch of other ingredients...but I'm always for the simplest solution that works). Give it to them when they seem upset or before a bottle. I used to give it to my daughter before her last feeding of the night and she would burp quickly and go right to sleep. (Make sure it is alcohol free...I've seen some types with alcohol in them...no wonder those work!)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• do you give it by itself or in formula??
    Anonymous

• I've seen gripe water at BabiesRUs, Walmart, and Target. It helps with upset tummies. Some moms have luck with it and colic, some (like me) don't. Well worth trying however!
    You give it just like a medicine. It usually has a "black jelly bean" flavor from the main ingredient (fennel), so you won't want to mix it with formula. Just use the oral syringe it comes with.

For other "colic" ideas, take a look at www.colicshop.com. Many of the ideas are things you can try at home. We had the best luck with playing "white noise" in her bedroom. We used the CD "For Crying Out Loud" but a simple portable fan would work too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009