Sooooo mommies...how many of you can relate to this??

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Ha! Yup, I wait until the kids at school to toss anything!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• I live with a teeny tiny HOARDER!!! Oh it's painful sometimes, and she has the most amazing memory, months can go by and she will suddenly ask, "Hey whatever happened to that Hello Kitty windup thingy we got at McDonald's?"
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Mine does that, too, Tess! And if she finds out I tossed something or gave it away, she acts like I have just broken her heart by getting rid of her most prized possession.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• No. My kids knew there were periodic raids on brokn and unloved toys.
    Broken crayons/ unusable were melted into multi color rubbing crayons or other for coloring in candle making.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Thank goodness for attics. Mine wants to save everything for her children. And since I did save my old Barbies, I guess it makes sense. Afterall, if she expects me to spoil her (some day) children like my mom spoils her, that'll be the only way to do it, by bringing out their mom's old toys! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• I didn't have that problem. My kids don't rule the house I do. When I said it was time to clean and throw away thing. They didn't freak.

Answer by louise2 at 6:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• OMG! Yes! That's me too! My Son has to even keep the packaging his toys come in. Then he puts the toys back in the package, displays them (he makes the den a toy store) then he opens them like they are new again. I sneak boxes out to the trash late at night when he loses interest in a particular toy. He even watches to see what the Garbage Man takes. He occasionally checks the kitchen pail too! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• I agree with Louise. In fact, when the broken/small crayon box gets piped to the brim, overflowing so that the box can't even close, I tell them its time to throw the crayons away and start fresh. Shoot, we get several boxes of brand new crayons every year at school time because they are like 50 cents a box for 24! And they have so many toys that throwing away the broken ones don't even bother them.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2013