How to get husband to stand up for our family

My SIL treats me like crap, uses me on occAsion to babysit but doesn't talk to me otherwise. What she says goes and everyone bends to her will. I'm about to lose it. Family in town and I'm not going to her house for a thing.

Jstwannavent

Asked by Jstwannavent at 1:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• Don't go. My mom is like that. I spent years trying to change the situation, and all I did was make myself sick over it. Now I just stay away as much as I can. If she's really that bad, your husband won't manage to fix anything even if he does step up to her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:45 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Why do you babysit? It is up to you to say , no.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• You don't need your husband to fight your battles for you. JUST SAY NO. Block, delete, ignore. It's not that hard.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:29 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Time to use the word NO when she wants you to baby sit. If you do not want to go to there house. Don't.

Answer by louise2 at 6:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Stand up to her for yourself. Tell her no and if she asks for a reason, tell her the bold-faced truth. You don't have to be mean, just honest. It's the only way the situation might be helped.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:53 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Sounds like hubby needs some back bone!!! stand up for yourself always and don't wait for hubby to do it, he is obviously lacking in back bone...

Answer by older at 9:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• YOU just say no. As it seems you already are. But if it's causing a rift between you and your husband, there's a bigger problem. You need to remind him that YOU are the family he chose. They are merely the family he happened to be born into.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• No, just no whatever she asks the word is no.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Tell her no. Don't put your DH in the middle of this. You two come to an agreement about what you both want to do and stick to it.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• DONT GO
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2013