Is it normal to be throwing up everyday all day everything I eat an drink

Ladydesel

Asked by Ladydesel at 2:24 AM on Jul. 27, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried modifying your diet? Eating smaller portions? Lighter foods?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:28 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Some women do an it is normal. Be sure you keep drinking water even if you know it is going to come back up. Hydration is extremely important.
    Some women only have trouble in the morning and some occasionally.
    Some have none at all.
    All are normal.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:29 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• It can be normal, unfortunately. But it can't be sustained or you'll get dehydrated. Talk to your doctor because there are OTC medicines you can take to reduce nausea. I had to be put on prescription anti-reflux pills, which I still take now after five years, because I couldn't eat and was losing weight instead of gaining into my second trimester. The anti-reflux pills allowed me to finally eat properly.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Not really. You are supposed to wait 24 hours after vomiting before you eat again. if you put food on your stomach you'll just end up irritating it and throw up again. You want to only drink water maybe with some lemon in small sips rather than a whole glass all at once. If you are having trouble holding everything down you might want to hit the ER for an IV and some anti vomiting medication. Don't worry about the baby. It pulls everything it needs from your body. The only thing it needs that your body does not make on it's own is water. Feel better. hopefully it will all settle down in a few days.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:14 AM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Can you at least tolerate crackers or toast? Sips of water or even 7-up? If not, I would call your Dr. to see what they can do to help you out thru your 1st trimester. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2013