Who really buys........

steaks from that place that sells to your door? I think it is called American Direct. They go door to door selling steaks and other meat. I don't buy it because the whole idea seems wierd to me and I am picky about my meat, lol! Just wondering if anyone really buys from them and if so, how is it?

sassyhettel

Asked by sassyhettel at 3:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Ive never heard of that company? We do have a company that comes and does that though but its called something else and I DO buy from them. I get really good deals though. Last year I got a small freezer included in my order and it was filled with steak and chicken (about 60 lbs) and I paid $200 bucks for it. It was a deal and the meat did last me a long while.

Answer by gemgem at 3:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I don't. There is no telling about that meat and I don't trust it. I do order steaks from Omaha Steaks online and it is delivered with dry ice and it wonderful meat.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• LOL...I agree, it seems strange to me as well. We did do Schwans at one point, but the food isn't that good for the price.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have done it occasionally, but have not made a habit of it. Probably twice in the past 15 years. There are better places and purchasing programs where you can get your meat from. I am in Colorado and we have a whole-sale food company called Town & Country that you can buy from. They will deliver it and stock your freezer. We joined because the meat was a good price, it helped with our budgeting and there were no chemicals or hormones used on the beef, pork, turkey or chicken and they purchased from local farmers which helped out our economy.

I actually have a rule, don't buy from door to door; don't give donations to someone who is at your door (most are scams) unless they can give me enough info to check them out and they will keep their price commitment.
    chocolateroses

Answer by chocolateroses at 3:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Once upon a time my old roommates bought a bunch of meat off a truck like that. There was nothing wrong with it. I, personally, don't enjoy steak enough to care. I let my husband go to the meat shop if he has to have steak for dinner.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• We used to buy their meat it was pretty good but they were under a dfferent name the reason we stopped I guess they went out of business.
    Anonymous

• We don't eat red meat, and all other meat we do eat we get from a local farm, so no I would not trust a company like that...Yuck.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 4:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• We dont eat steak,mostly just chicken and ground turkey.Occasionally I will buy some pork chops or the occasional steak.
    HealthyMom27

Answer by HealthyMom27 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think we bought from that company once. My dh was impressed with some deal. The meat was alright.
    abelmm2

Answer by abelmm2 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have bought meat from a place like that. It wasn't bad, but not great, either. I wouldn't do it again. They were just not the greatest cuts of meat.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009