Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can i request copies of my ex bank statements for child support

I just started to get child support 1/13 now my x is on medical leave and is taking me back to court to have is dropped . even though he just remarried and moved into a 2250.00 mnth rental pays 900.00 for bankruptsy payment and has a rental property can I request bank statements to prove that he is getting money and should h

ave to pay child support  we have to go to family court can the family court system request bank statements i have been fighting for over 4 years and theres no more money to retain an aty

Answer Question

Asked by strugglingmo102 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • ask your lawyer

    Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

  • I would get legal counsel on this one. I thought you could just ask for income records. GL

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

  • Only an attorney can do that.

    Answer by 3libras at 5:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

  • An attorney might be able to, but I don't think you personally can. If you can find proof some other way that he has more income than he's claiming to the judge, you might be able to show that proof and then the judge will ask for the records. See if you can find a property deed for the rental properties and his residence, or something else that is publicly available that would show that he's lying. Maybe a status on Facebook or something.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 5:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

  • Your Lawyer can, maybe.

    Answer by louise2 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

  • Yes you can but you will pay for the copies and possibly more than you would at your present bank.
    It is easier if you have your lawyer get the info though

    Answer by Dardenella at 5:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

  • thanks for all the help don't understand why fathers think its an option to support there children but get remarried and assume responsibility for his step children .

    Comment by strugglingmo102 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

  • You won't get anything without a subpoena. No one can get personal banking records on another person unless they are on the account. How would you feel if your ex went to the bank and got yours? But the court can subpoena them.

    Answer by Nimue930 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.