Im 37 weeks

What are the chances ill go into labor , or that my water will break.

Im 2/3 cm dialted and 60% thinned out, thats what i was told at my last visit in the begining of the week. & my midwife had tried to stir things up around my cervix to get things going because im at risk for a big baby.

Today i lost part of my mucus plug.
& i have been walking alot & had sex.

is there a chance my water could break? while walking, or leak?

i keep getting braxton hicks but they dont hurt, i also have a lot of pressure down stairs :P

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2013 in Pregnancy

• depends....I was 3cm and 50% effaced and had my dd the day after my doctor checked me, I was also 37 weeks.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Whats DD
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• DD=Dear Daughter
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• It's a guessing game, really. The baby will come when your body is ready. And if your water breaks, believe me, you'll know it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Yes, there is.

I went into labor naturally at 37 weeks with both of my girls.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• What do you mean by "big baby"? I mean, mine ranged from 11 lbs to 9.5 lbs and I never had any issues delivering them.

It sounds to me as though you're right on track but, like the others say, anything can happen. You're not term yet, but you're close
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• There's a chance, but honestly if your body isn't ready, nothing you do will work. My cousin had an induction because her baby was "big" and it failed. A week and a half later labor came on it's own, but due to her baby's distress she ended up with a C-section. If your water breaks while walking it could still be hours before you deliver. No need to rush things.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• It happens when it happens. You'll know
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2013