What's everybody up to?

It's quiet as a tomb around here today. Not much is happening at my house. The kids want me to take them to the pool, but I'm trying to finish proofreading the first act of a Spanish play, which happens to also be deathly boring. Anybody having more fun than I am?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 5:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Well my daughter was going to have a friend spend the night. She cleaned her room, spent some of her babysitting money on snacks and drinks and little bracelets. 10 minutes before she was supposed to come she texted and said she couldn't. It's soooo rude because this girl all week was bugging us to let her sleep over.

I'm really mad at this girl haha. It's just so shitty. I rarely let kids sleep over so my daughter was really looking forward to it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Recovering from a trip to Walmart.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Oh Iz, your poor daughter. :( Have her invite another friend over...
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• AW iz the poor thing. I hate when people do that.

Went shopping and now going to relax for the night.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Iz- that disappointing look is the worst. That's happened to us before. It is too late for her to have another friend over? If so, how about a special mommy/daughter evening? I know it's not the same, but maybe it'll take the sting away a little.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• My oldest son is staying at his friend's house. My middle son is at the Gym I think, (which is probably a good thing at the moment- that whole saga is about to come to its boiling point) and my dau is having her cousin spend the night. We're (& by we I mean hubby :p)gonna cook some pork steaks on the grill & just kinda chill tonite. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• What's more annoying is 5 minutes later that girl texts back and says nevermind and is on her way over.

It's like my poor daughter didn't just get her hopes dashed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• We just got home from camping, so I'm doing laundry, lots and lots of laundry.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• Quiet here too and I'm ready for a nap, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2013

• When you asked, I was picking stuff in my garden. Right now, I'm waiting for my kids to finish eating supper so I can shuffle 3 off to bed, let the oldest bathe the dog, then have an adult beverage (after oldest is in bed).
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2013