Has anyone had or know anyone who have had a healthy pregnancy with a low HCG level?

I am 11 weeks pregnant and i found out yesterday that i have a low HCG level, my dr told me that my blood work showed that i had a miscarriage so i rushed to the er just to find out im still pregnant but with a very low HCG so im asking if there is anyone who has every had a healthy baby with low HCG?????????

soon2bmom770

Asked by soon2bmom770 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Pregnancy

• O think low is a relative term. How low? My bff had a slightly lower than normal level and had periods every month for five months. That baby is now a 6'5"250 pound lineman at college. Good luck
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I had 2
    I also was treated with supplementary hormones
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Has your doctor talked to you about progesterone supplementation? I'm not saying this to scare you, but I've lost four pregnancies, and with at least three of them, low HCG was the problem. If I get pregnant again, my doctor wants to use progesterone supplements to try and change the outcome. The doctor says that with supplementation, it's very likely I could carry another pregnancy to term. Sometimes supplementation only goes to ten or twelve weeks when the placenta starts making progesterone, but other times it continues for most or all of the pregnancy. Speak to your obstetrician or gynecologist about this as soon as you possibly can, and best of luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Thanks you truly just put a smile on my face. And all i was told on the phone was early pregnancy low
    soon2bmom770

Comment by soon2bmom770 (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• No he have not talk to me, but i will be sure to bring it up.
    soon2bmom770

Comment by soon2bmom770 (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Did they give you an ultrasound at the ER? I ask because the possible causes of low HCG include ectopic pregnancy and that is the kind of thing you need to know immediately...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 9:05 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Yes. My best friend. Her levels were so low she failed several urine and blood tests. They finally did an ultrasound and she was 12 weeks and 4 days. I sent you a link in another question. Google is your friend.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2013