Can you have a miscarriage and not know it?

I know this may be a crazy question but im 11 weeks with a low HCG level and i want to know everything just to get ready for anything.

soon2bmom770

Asked by soon2bmom770 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Pregnancy

• If you had a miscarriage, you'd definitely know it!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Early on, it's possible to have a miscarriage and just think it was a heavy period, or to have one and not even know that you were pregnant. But at eleven weeks, at least in my experience from losing three of them at that point or later, you'll know. It's pretty painful and you'll bleed heavily. Here's hoping that doesn't happen in your case. Think good thoughts.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Thanks for the answers they are very helpful!
    soon2bmom770

Comment by soon2bmom770 (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• It actually is possible, it's called a missed miscarriage or silent miscarriage, means the same thing but they aren't too common. I've had one before and was pregnant for another two weeks waiting to miscarry it naturally. Even if you have one the chances of a second are even more uncommon. So far I'm almost 15 weeks and have had no issues
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 2:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• It's possible. Most miscarriages happen during the first trimester. After the first twelve weeks, the chances reduce pretty significantly. Though you will know eventually if that is what happened. There are a few cases of women producing just enough HCG to keep the pregnancy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2013