When should i start getting ready for my baby?

Im only 11 weeks with my first and im so happy, when is a good time to start planning for my new baby?

Asked by soon2bmom770 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Pregnancy

• ASAP of course.. I can't believe you're not pregnant again already. Move it!

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:13 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• huh?

Comment by soon2bmom770 (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• might be a good time.

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Well, it depends on what you mean. You still have some time yet for things like shopping. Don't overlook the secondhand stores. You can find a lot of baby clothes and gear there that's nearly new because babies outgrow stuff long before they wear it out. If you think someone might give you a shower, then don't go out and buy a ton of clothes because everybody will want to give you cute outfits they just couldn't resist. It never hurts to start stockpiling diapers, but again, don't buy too many in any one brand or size because you don't know how big your baby will be or if there will be diapers he or she can't tolerate. Some brands give some babies bad rashes, but there's no way to predict that. Also, you don't need every gadget offered at the store. If you want ideas about what basics to get, go to and check out their sample registries. Take advantages of whatever classes are offered at your hospital.

Answer by Ballad at 1:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Not just the birthing classes, but also there will be ones on infant first aid and CPR, baby care, breastfeeding, etc. You'll feel much more prepared if you learn all you can. Good luck!

Answer by Ballad at 1:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I always believed in the old ways. Do not buy anything for the baby tell you are 6 months/24weeks.

Answer by louise2 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• After the first trimester is over.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:53 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• ^^ I agree, after the first trimester is over.

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2013