Where could i get free breastfeeding guides?

I'm planning on breastfeeding my baby and i would like to get all the information I can?

soon2bmom770

Asked by soon2bmom770 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Does your OB clinic have a lactation specialist? I think that would be the best way to go. You can also try here for tips and advice.

Kudos on breastfeeding! I did it with both my boys and loved it, but don't be discourged if you have a hard time, and don't feel bad if it's something you end up not able to do.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Thank you...
    soon2bmom770

Comment by soon2bmom770 (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• There will probably be classes offered at the hospital where you give birth, and lactation consultants on staff to help you while you are in the hospital. Take full advantage of the services. Look for a La Leche League chapter in your area. There is also information in books such as "What to Expect When You're Expecting." But really, the best help will be the nurses or lactation specialists once your baby is born.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• La Leche League. Find your local office/website. Most hospitals will have a lactation consultant on hand.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Kellymom.com
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I second Kellymom.com
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Also when you deliver the hospital is suppose to ask if you'd like to see a specialist
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 11:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2013