What can i do to soften the hardwood floors for my soon to be crawler?

Right now I have a yoga mat with a folded thick blanket for my little one but she soon scoots right off it.

I wanted the foam floor blocks to do a room in for her with a gate but reading more and more about the chemicals has gotten me worried.

She has baby legs and pants to wear but it is much too hot.

What can I do for baby?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:55 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• An area rug would be great, but they are so expensive for the nice ones!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:37 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• You'll only need it to last a few months and she'll be walking!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Honestly, as long as the floors are clean and have no splinters she'll be fine. There really is no need to "soften" the floor. My daughters had absolutely no problem with our oak floors ... nor with our stone floors ...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Walmart and Target have cheap rugs that will serve the purpose for the short time you would need it, but my kids also did fine on our hardwood floors.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I wouldn't bother. She'll be fine it's only a few months. Put pants on her.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I would not worry about it. She will be fine and before you know it she will be pulling up on furniture and cruising! At that point you will need a few pair of no-slip socks though!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• My kids did fine on hardwood floors, just like they did ok on the vinyl floors. And since you can stream clean them its cleaner than carpet
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• When Jeremy was at the crawling age, we were living in Germany and they have nothing but hardwood floors. We decided to go the the PX and get an area rug for the living room and his room. Ironically, when we bought the rugs it said "Made in Dalton, GA (our hometown and Carpet Capital of the World). Anyways, it didn't last long. He only stayed on the carpeted areas for a minute or two and he was off exploring other areas of our apartment. He seemed fine and the hardwood didn't bother him.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• If you're lucky she'll skip crawling and go straight to cruising and walking.Mine did. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 2:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2013