Will a new born we ok in the room with a preschooler?

My baby is due in Feb. and my step son will be 4 will it be a good ideal to have the in the same room? My 6 year old step daughter don't want to share her room...

soon2bmom770

Asked by soon2bmom770 at 2:53 AM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yuuuuup
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Only reason I'd say no is because it wouldn't be very fair to have a kid be awoken on a school night every couple hours by a crying baby. Otherwise it's fine.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Frankly, the baby will be much better in your room for the first few months especially as you plan to breastfeed (and even if you didn't, I firmly believe that babies sleep better if they know you're not far away). I would also avoid putting a newborn in with another child because the result will be that both will have trouble sleeping and be crabby ...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:27 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• If you want the 4 year old awake every 3 hours with your infant, it's a brilliant idea.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• So you do not plan to have the baby in your room for the first 3 to 6 months.

Answer by louise2 at 7:37 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Yes it will be fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Oh they will be just fine but *I personally* would have the baby room in with me for the first couple of months to prevent my 4 year old from being woken up every 3-4 hours by a baby who is still needing to eat during the night.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• "be okay" depends on your definition of okay. and at this point i wouldnt worry about the newborn, id worry about the 4 year old. its bad enough he's got a new sibling, now he has to be waken up every couple of hours when the baby cries to eat? keep the baby in your room till he/she is sleeping a good chunk of the night...like around 3-6 months. its not fair to your SS...if your SD doesnt have to share why does your SS?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:37 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• The baby should sleep in your room until at least 3 Months. Then if you think both kids will be able to get some rest then I guess it's OK. The baby will be up all hours of the night so can your Son sleep through all that? Otherwise you will have two kids up all night & cranky.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I think it'll be fine. My oldest was 2 1/2 when my youngest was born. The baby stayed in our room for the first 2 months and they've shared a room ever since.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2013