Does anyone know what causes your HCG level to be low?

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and my HCG level is one as of a very early pregnancy...

soon2bmom770

Asked by soon2bmom770 at 4:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What did your doctor say about it?

Answer by louise2 at 7:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I wen't in for blood work and the next day my doctor office called and said they believe i had a miscarriage because my hcg levels was so low, so i rushed to the ER and the baby was alive and kicking. I have another appt in 2 days.
    soon2bmom770

Comment by soon2bmom770 (original poster) at 7:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• HCG is made by the placenta so I'd guess a placental issue. Perhaps you are another rare case like my BFF. Her levels were so low they didn't register on a test. not even a blood test. They didn't think she was pregnant, but when they did an ultrasound sure enough she was 12 weeks 4 days along with a healthy baby girl. She went on to deliver with no problems. Either way I hope they find an answer for you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• http://www.livestrong.com/article/402642-how-to-have-a-successful-pregnancy-with-low-hcg/

The levels no longer double after 7-8 weeks I think you're good.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I'm not understanding why your doctor would check those levels, after it maxes out it does go down a little if baby is still alive stop freaking out, no need to spam the board. Also get a different doctor.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 11:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2013

• She's not spamming the board, she's a concerned mom-to-be. Give her a break. I've been where she is, four times, and it's no fun.

Some women just seem to have issues with low progesterone. There's some evidence, according to the high risk doctor I saw recently, that the condition runs in families. Please talk to your doctor about progesterone supplementation. I was told that after losing three pregnancies in a row, if I get pregnant again and start supplementing from the moment I find out, the chance of me carrying a baby to term is very good. Since you saw your baby alive and kicking, there's still a very high chance you could have a successful pregnancy. But if you need supplementation, the sooner you start the better.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Asking pretty much the same question 3-4 different times is kind of spamming, if she wasn't liking the answers she got then she should call her doctor and ask. And also progesterone has nothing to do with HCG, they are two different things and also different tests and do different things during pregnancy
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 5:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2013