Anyone wanna borrow a teen for the day?

My ds15 got a bug up his butt that his room and the living room *had* to get cleaned today. Considering I normally have to be the warden to get him to do ANYTHING, I'm thrilled. However, he is annoying the rest of us with his attitude. I work full time and had a very hectic week. I just want to relax and he is driving me up the wall.

He is acting just like his father and even just said "I'm sick of this. I'm cleaning up their crap all the time and all they do is sit there and be lazy" Those are EXACT words that his father used to say when once in a blue moon he would help clean something.

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 1:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I'd be a smarta** & bow down at his feet & say something like "at your service master", but not really mean it of course! lol :p How often does he sit on HIS butt, while you're running around like a maniac after work, taking care of cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.?! If he doesn't get the hint by you saying or doing something like I suggested, just give him a little pat on the back & tell him you appreciate the good job he's doing. But you'd appreciate it even more w/out the snide commentary.
    As far as shipping him off somewhere- sure, if he's still in a cleaning mood, I'll take him! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Hmmm, I'd put up with his smart mouth if he'd clean the kitchen, which is a disaster after my stepson baked brownies. How he got chocolate everywhere that it is, I'll never know.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Do what he normally does. sit theire and ignore him.

Answer by louise2 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• He can come to my house but all I have for him to do is some yard work. But Starbucks afterwards. ;-)

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2013