Sex question?

Okay this is a tad bit odd for me but I jusg need to know. So I should start my bc pills today. I awill be 4 weeks pp tomorrow. My question is does this mean I can have sex since ill be starting bc or not yet. I'm asking because my doctor didn't tell me anythimg. All she said was thay everything looked good when she checked me down there. I had a vaginal delivery this time with my first son I had a csection so they said 6 weeks. Is it differe t since I had a vaginal birth?

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 4:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Relationships

• Usually you have to wait at least a week until you have sex without a back up method like condoms. As for your body being ready for sex is really up to you. If you didn't tear then it's a good time to give it a try, just go slow and don't be afraid to use the lube because it's natural for you to be dry down there for a while.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• You need to ask a medical professional before beginning any medications.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Wait the 6 weeks so you know the BC is active In your system. Go slow, lots of lube.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I would wait for 2 more weeks for sex and use a condom until you start your next pill pack.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I would take a full pack of pills before you count on it as birth control, just in case. Start slow because sex might hurt the first few times.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Well my first pill should be today and we were planning on using condoms and the little foam that they gave me to kill any sperm. I did tear it was a 1st degree tear.
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Usually you're suppose to wait 1 full cycle until you consider yourself safe

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Wait 2 more weeks.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Okay thank you ladies I will wait. Rather be safe than sorry
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• What is the hurry? Are you in a hurry or is your SO/DH?
    I was always told to wait 6 weeks then start BC. When I was on BC the doctor told me to wais a month after starting BC to have sex.

Answer by louise2 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2013