Has anyone seen this yet?

This Muslim author - and scholar, with twenty years experience - wrote a book about Jesus, and the person interviewing him (affiliated with Fox, I believe) just can't get past his faith for long enough to even consider the book. As though being Muslim discredits any thoughts he may have on the religious figure both religions share (not even that, it's a historic look, based on scholarship, not rooted in religious ideology).

Thoughts?

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Religious Debate

• What do we expect it was FOX. It's a ridiculous premise. People who refuse to read his book on Jesus because he is Muslim and they feel that somehow discredits him, have absolutely no problem reading books on Islam written by non-Muslims. If someone is a scholar with many years of experience and a PhD in the subject matter it really doesn't matter what their religion is what matters is whether they support their work with scholarly sources. How many books out there have people read by non Muslims explaining Islam or telling us about Muhammad. It's like saying Karen Armstrong isn't qualified to write about Muhammad or Buddha despite her academic background and years of experience just because she's a Christian. I guess there's no point in going to college to study something since your religion apparently dictates what you can and cannot be an expert on. *rolls eyes*
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 12:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Wow, she isn't even interested in the fact that he is a historical scholar. That doesn't even sink in with her. She is an idiot. Not that this surprises me from Fox.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I don't think the audience fox is catering to would actually read that a book.

Fixed that for ya.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I just posted this on FB! It was incredibly uncomfortable to watch
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Says more about Fox than anything.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I think I could listen to him talk for hours on the subject. I don't think the audience fox is catering to would actually read that book.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• She doesn't speak for you....intelligent people will know that. On the plus side, his book looks amazing
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• It's sad that the interviewer doesn't have an open mind, but it doesn't surprise me from Fox.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• That was the most painful 9 minutes of my life! I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out without novacaine while having my eyes gouged out than watch that bullshit again. What a twat. She really made a fool out of herself, and he was so cool and calm about it. I'm interested in reading the book now. I think his conclusions are pretty much what I believe regarding the life of Jesus.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I watched that earlier today, and it was SO uncomfortable to watch. It's as if whatever he said in response went completely over her head, or at least in one ear and out the other.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2013