Would you be hurt? my mil...ugh!!

My hubby just told her that we're expecting and her response was "wow, another mouth to feed". Bitch!!

I am SO hurt that I can cry. My hubby and I have been together for 13 years and have a 5 year old. She and I used to be close in the early years but as time passed I learned to stay my distance from her. She's miserable!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Cont....she didn't really raise my hubby. She gave him up when he was born and then his grandmother raised him. She has 4 kids by 4 different men and her husband treats her like crap!! She is not involved in any of her grandkids life.
    Anonymous

• OH SWEETIE DON'T LET HER BOTHER YOU! SHE SOUNDS LIKE A VERY RUDE, NEGATIVE PERSON YOU DON'T NEED PPL LIKE THAT AROUND YOU IN HAPPY TIMES LIKE THIS!! CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW ADDITION WE WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THE VERY BEST!! AND YOUR DOING GOOD IN KEEPING YOUR DISTANCE!
    SweetMama823

Answer by SweetMama823 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• congrats on your "other mouth to feed!"
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 4:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'd definatley be hurt. My fil has had less than favorable thought's on us having kids. After our 3rd was born he was in the hospital to see her and while holding her he asked very seriously, "This is it right?!" As if he was telling us to not have anymore.
    When I told my dad that I was pregnant with my 2nd he asked if it was planned. It was and I was very offended by his response. I didn't even bother to tell him I was pregnant for a 3rd time. The relationship was very strained long before kids came in the picture. I haven't even told him that she was born, she'll be a year in April.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think I would be hurt but I would NEVER give her the satisfaction of knowing and I would not let her dampen my happiness.

mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 4:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Never mind her. Congratulations!! It sounds like she may be jealous, since you and your hubby have been together, happy, and are having another child together. I hope you tell her that what she said was inappropriate and nasty.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• She sounds like a very unhappy person...and I would just ignore it. It also shows you how she viewed her own children. Misery loves company...don't let her get you down. Congrats on the new baby.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My MIL HATES me but even considering our relationship she was thrilled to find out she was going to have another grandbaby. She loves being a grandma.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Oh don't even worry about it. Of couse she has something negative to say, she's a miserable person. You can't let people like that affect you, they'll only bring you down.
    Celebrate without her! This is very exciting! She's had four kids by four husbands, she's probably jealous that you've been with your husband for 13 years, it's obvious no one could stand to be with her for that long
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Consider the source. Don't let her get to you, maybe someone should have told her that same thing when she was pregnant
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2009