Adoption Question--Mothers signed rights over to me. Mother reversed her parental rights one day before final. However she had done drugs during pregnancy, CPS took the baby away from mother

and put in foster care. Even though we had passed the home study CPS lady REFUSED to give us custody and refused to give us a reason. What can I do? Who can I complain to?

sandrastephens

Asked by sandrastephens at 9:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Adoption

• CPS lady's boss?

I'm guessing the child had a guardian ad litem, perhaps ask him/her? Did you have a lawyer for the adoption process?
    This sounds like something I would ask a lawyer. Was this a "NO" or just "Not now"?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• How heartbreaking! I agree; start with the guardian ad litem. Tomorrow morning, cal the county where the baby is in foster care and start at the bottom, and keep climbing. If you already passed thehoe study and have ties to the baby, the foster care system may be only too glad to place him or her with you, or at the very least, you should be able to get a reason why that's not possible. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Have you talked to the Supervisor for CPS about it?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• They claim they already gave her to a foster family. It's all very strange. She took the baby and the following day was before a judge taking parental rights from the birth mother. She claims baby is with foster family but then the CPS lady vanished the next day on vacation. She talked about going to the hospital and holding the baby all the time. Is it possible the CPS lady is the one that took the baby? The birth mother tried to say we bribed her for her baby which the CPS lady repeated to me. ALL we did was house her, feed her and gave her the right to drive a 1989 Dodge Shadow. Not one dime changed hands. The CPS lady acts like we were doing something wrong by supporting the birth mother while pregnant.. The CPS lady lied to us about what court papers we needed and said for us to do nothing that she would take care of the paperwork. She never did so we went to the judge without her. I think that made her mad.
    sandrastephens

Comment by sandrastephens (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• She also told anyone that would listen that my husband showed up drunk at the hospital. My husband nor I NEVER drinks...ever and nor do I. I begged her to take any test she could to prove that. She went into our basement during the home study where we have a bar/den/media room and yes there is alcohol behind our bar. ALSO...we own our own business and our GROSS income is very high. She told the court she did feel comfortable that our income was that high and could not believe that we earned that much from real estate. She made it sound like we were making money illegally. She also said that our drug test were positive for PCP of all things. We immediately went to our personal Doctor within 20 minutes of her false positive test (I never saw results) and I sent the results to her and have the fax receipt to prove it. At court she announced she never got it. I emailed her that I was sending them and asked her if for some reason
    sandrastephens

Comment by sandrastephens (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• she didn't get them to let me know. She NEVER called--texted or anything telling me she didn't get them. We live on a farm in a nice home, have brand new in ground pool, both college educated, we are in our forties, the baby would be private school educated, would never want for anything, WHY DID SHE DO THIS TO US....I have two theories. A-She took the baby herself. B-She was mad because we went to the judge behind her back and foiled her attempt to take the baby before the birth mother signed rights to us. FURTHER--she actually encouraged the birth mother to reverse her decision and actually told her she could take the baby home KNOWING she was lying to her and planning on putting her in the foster system within hours of the birth mother reversing the parental rights paperwork. What is this CPS lady doing?????? See how strange the whole situation is... The only thing she could tell me was we were not blood relatives so
    sandrastephens

Comment by sandrastephens (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• CALL A LAWYER. WE CANNOT HELP YOU.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• we could not adopt her. Yet she put her in a foster home with a non-relative. WHY did she do this to me???? Who can I call other then supervisor. I want to go higher then that as I assume her boss was in on what she was doing. And you cannot forget this CPS lady went on vacation THE VERY DAY THE BABY WAS "PLACED" IN A FOSTER HOME. Also, I found out that the foster "parents" that she went to is a foster to adopt situation. Is she getting a kickback from the foster family? I cannot figure this out. I deserve answers. I want to call someone much further up the ladder then her direct supervisor. I want her job!!! She cannot do this to families. She has destroyed me emotionally...my husband and worse of all the new babies sister cannot stop crying over not seeing her new baby sister. We take care of the babies big sister often. and the CPS lady knew that. She ripped her away from her big sister too. All I can figure
    sandrastephens

Comment by sandrastephens (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• out is that she got paid by the foster to adopt family as she was driven to take this baby from the birth mother and from us from day one.
    sandrastephens

Comment by sandrastephens (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• The child should have had its own lawyer. Perhaps that is the hangup. I do not believe they are required to give you a reason. You should be able to go in and talk to the supervisor.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2013