Any tips on handling tomorrow with grace and dignity?

Tomorrow I am meeting with a very important client (Amy). The meeting is also with the CEO of my company (Tim), 1 of the sales guys from my company (Mike), and a supervisor from my company (Bill). Bill has a tendency to attempt to make me look like an idiot any chance he gets and steals my ideas to present them as his own. I had been working all day Thur and Fri on a project trying to get it perfect by EOD on Fri. There are still bugs to be worked out. I have quite a few questions for Amy and I really want to make a good impression on her.

Also, Tim always makes me nervous. I don't want to screw up around him as I know I am being considered for a promotion. It will mean more money and be more of a challenge for me. Down side to it would be that Bill would then be my boss.

And if I wasn't already feeling less than confident, Aunt Flo decided to show up a week early.

HELP!

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 9:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Money & Work

• Be professional at all times, even if Bill decides to be an ass. If he asks a question answer it as you know your shit then continue with the presentation.. Keep the meeting on track, rule the floor and kick ass !!!!!

I have always "practiced" important meetings/ speeches to work out my own nerves. Also have hubby/SO or friend as questions to get you in the right frame of mind.
    Good luck !!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Picture them all naked! And Bill with the tiniest wiener of them all !!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Bill likes to steal your ideas and work and present them as his own. Can you set it up so that you are emailing to each of the people in the chain to "keep them in the loop"? That way you have documentation that it is your work.
    As for tomorrow, wear the outfit that you feel most confident in.
    Have all your note and presentations ready and in place (if possible be there a few minutes before everyone else)
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Just be the most professional you can be & look Amy directly in the eyes when you're talking to her. Can you meet with her prior to the official meeting in order to get your questions answered before hand? When you have to look at time, look over the top of his head, not into his eyes if he makes you nervous. And if Bill the butthead tries to butt in, then I would find a Julia Sugarbaker way of putting him in his place. (remember Designing Women?! :p) GL!!!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Just remember, all of them put their pants on one leg at a time the same as you do.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• ^^^^not time- Tim
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Awesome !!!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• LOL, PGA. Bill likely has the tiniest wiener of them all. The only flaw with your suggestion is that Tim is incredibly hot and married. I better picture him with more clothes on than he will be wearing.

Thank you all for the support and suggestions.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Can we get an update :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Got someone trying to steal your ideas? document document document otherwise known as "Cover Your A**"
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2013